Monday, May 23, 2011

Review: Burger Foundry

Burger Foundry
389 Magill Road
St. Morris SA 5068
08 8431 3231
http://www.burgerfoundry.com.au/
T to F 11 – 10pm
S 12 – 10pm
S 12 – 8pm


You can't go past a good solid burger. Burger Foundry on Magill Rd in St Morris is all about the burgers...... a small simple shop, three tables, one cook, one blackboard with chicken burgers, and one blackboard with beef burgers. That's pretty much it. So given the name of the place and given the lack of emphasis on pretty much anything aside from burgers, you'd expect them to be good, in fact, great.

I had the 'Jamaican Jerk' Chicken Burger and YES it was great. The chicken had a fabulous grill taste to it and it was nicely tender. It came with mesculin lettuce, tomato, mango salsa and a spicy caribbean dressing. The flavours were a perfect match and the kick of chilli or jalapeno from the sauce made it an absolute winner. My husband had the 'Australian' Beef Burger and from what I tasted this was also really enjoyable. It came with egg, bacon and beetroot relish (aussie, aussie, aussie, oi!). The only problem was that it was a little dry but aside from that I thoroughly enjoyed my mega sized bite.




There's a choice of about five chicken burgers and ten beef burgers at Burger Foundry. They all come standard with mesculin lettuce and tomato and then have a few more ingredients to individualise them. The burgers are well priced, most costing around $10.90. The burgers are big so it's money well spent. Burger Foundry also sells homemade chips and they are the real deal. You even see the potatoes sitting on the counter. The chips are nice because they are so real, however they didn't have the crisp crunch I was hoping for.

I liked the bread/rolls used for the burgers but my husband thought it was a little chewy. I also enjoyed my burger far more than he did his 'Australian'......it's fair to say we have very different tastes...... I of course think mine is much better :)

Burger Foundry is essentially a take away shop but don't be in a hurry. I believe there is only one cook and it appeared as though one order was completed from start to finish before the next one was underway. No sign of multi-tasking going on here! It does therefore take a while to get your food but you can read magazines or the newspaper while you're waiting.

I'll certainly be back to Burger Foundry next time I'm feeling like a burger, or next time I can't be bothered cooking dinner for the family. I highly recommend you try the succulent and juicy 'Jamaincan Jerk' Chicken Burger. I practically inhaled mine at record speed in pure enjoyment.


The Eatery by CK

No comments:

Post a Comment